Applying to remain with your partner in the UK

If you are already in the UK and not an EEA national, you will need to either extend or switch your existing visa.

If your partner is a British citizen or settled in the UK or has been granted asylum or humanitarian protection then you will be able to apply under this route. For partners who are over 18 and in a genuine and subsisting relationship you will need to either be married or in a civil partnership, or have been living together for at least 2 years.

Depending on which route you are on i.e. on the 5-year partner route, this will determine the eligibility criteria you have to meet. We will discuss your individual situation with you to understand this and will advise you accordingly. We will also advise you as to the English language requirements and other documentary evidence you will need to provide, as well as any exceptions which may apply to you.

If you are an EEA national or looking to remain with and EEA national, click here.

If you are outside in the UK and wish to join your partner, click here.

error: Content is protected