EEA Nationals and Family Members of EEA Nationals

If you are an EEA national or from Switzerland, you may be eligible for a permanent residence document if you have been living in the UK for 5 years and have been exercising treaty rights, or as qualified person registration if you have lived here for less than 5 years.

You do not need to confirm your status in the UK at present (though this may be subject to change once the UK leaves the EU), however should you wish to obtain a registration certificate to confirm your status, you can do so if you are a qualified person (those who are working, self-employed or job-seekers, or studying or self-sufficient). If you are a qualified person, your family members are also allowed to apply. There are different rules for close family members and extended family members and we will be able to advise you further on this.

If you have been a ‘qualified person’ living in the UK for 5 years exercising treaty rights, or a family member, and wish to apply for British citizenship, you will first need to obtain your permanent residence document. We will advise you on how to apply for this, and the supporting documents which you will need to provide.

error: Content is protected