Marriage/Civil Partnership & Fiancé(e) visas

If you are a non-EEA national looking to come to the UK to join your fiancé(e), spouse or civil partner who is either a British citizen, settled in the UK, or has asylum of humanitarian protection; you will need to apply for a ‘family member of a settled person’ visa. For those who are engaged, you will need to plan to marry or enter into a civil partnership within 6 months of arrival in the UK.

There are various eligibility requirements which we will advise you on including, that you must evidence that your relationship is legal, genuine and subsisting, your will be suitably accommodated in the UK, you are of good character and you meet the English language requirements. Your partner in the UK must also be earning the salary requirement of a minimum of £18,600 per annum. If you have children, they will need to earn £3,800 extra i.e. £22,400 for the first child and £2,400 for each additional child. You will need to make a separate application for your children.

There are also certain exceptions to the English knowledge requirement and financial requirement which we can advise on further after understanding your individual circumstances. We will complete the form on your behalf and will also advise you as to the various documents which need to be provided.

If you are an EEA national or looking to join and EEA national, click here.

If you are already in the UK and wish to remain with your partner, click here.

error: Content is protected